Compassionate Columbia and Spring Hill, TN Child Custody Attorneys Keep Your Children Close to You
Secure custody of your children with the help of our Columbia and Spring Hill, TN fathers and grandparent rights lawyers
When you go through a divorce, an experienced attorney can help ensure you retain custody of your children. At The Hardison Law Office PLLC, we compassionately serve you in your divorce proceedings to keep your children at home with you, where they belong. With more than 30 years of experience practicing law in the Columbia area, we have a reputation for going above and beyond expectations to provide you with the best possible legal service.
A Spring Hill child custody attorney secures appropriate custody arrangements
Depending on the factors surrounding your divorce, you could win sole or joint custody. In either scenario, you could also be eligible to receive child support from your ex-spouse to provide you with the money you need to raise your children.
Factors that influence which parent is awarded custody include:
- Each spouse’s demonstrated ability as a parent. If one parent has a history of neglect or abuse, for example, our Columbia child abuse attorneys ensure that he or she does not win custody.
- The wishes of the child. In some cases, judges allow the children to have some say about which parent they live with. Normally, a judge only takes these wishes into account if the child is of a certain age.
- Each spouse’s income level. Your income level is part of what determines if you’re able to provide for your children.
- The child’s personal situation. If children can remain with a parent who keeps them in the same school with the same friends, that parent has a better chance of retaining custody.
- The needs of the child. For children with specific medical or other special needs, a parent must be able to demonstrate his or her ability to care for the child. Our Columbia spousal support attorneys show the judge that you are indeed capable of fulfilling your child’s needs.
Our divorce attorneys in Columbia understand the concerns you have about your children’s future. We strive to keep you at ease during the divorce process, giving you personal care and attention and keeping the lines of communication open at all times.
Talk to our Columbia and Spring Hill, TN sole and joint custody lawyers
Call The Hardison Law Office PLLC today at 931-398-5371 or contact us online to schedule a free consultation. We can stay late or work weekends if it’s more convenient for you. Our offices are located a block away from the home of President James K. Polk, by the courthouse.